12/11/2008

Look what Mr Postman bought me!!

It is not often I am rendered speechless much to the chagrin of my nearest and dearest, but they would have reveled in my inability to utter any sensible words ( in any language) when I received my first swap package this morning. I am still rather speechless (yes, apparently this is me being speechless) so I will let a picture do what it's intended and that is to speak a thousand words.
Salt Water Taffy
Butterscotch Chips White Cocolate Chips Rice mellow Creme - HELLO! Smooch Lions Chick-O-Stick x 2 Golden Smacker Vanilla Marshmallow Treat Chocolate Marshmallow Treat Super Sour Worms Hot n' Spicey Jerky - OH YEAH! Blueberry Fruit Strip Peach Fruit Strip Crispy Cat Candy bar - it's not made from cats - don't worry Sprinklez!!!! Peanut Butter Bite x 2 Mamba Fruit Chews Peanutbutter Creme Cookies - *SWOON* Liquid Smoke x 2 - TWO!!!TWO!!! Worcestershire Sauce - I haven't had this for YEARS!!! Gummi Bears x 2 Sour patch Mike Ike - aren't these names just THE BEST! Ricemilk Chocolate!! Old Bay - come to pappa moon Not beef stock cubes Not Chick'n stock cubes Cherry Jelly - *FAINTS* Newman-O's - I left my body at this point Home made Vegan Soap WOWZERS HUH!!! Being a bit shy of the required 500 posts over at PPK I was not eligible to participate in the swap Package that is set up over there - but All kitties flock to me took pity on my plight and contacted me via private messaging to see if we would like to do one between ourselves. HELL YEAH! Buying Vegan goodies is just as much fun as receiving Vegan goodies - if not more so and I fervently went about buying goodies to send on it's merry way to the good ole U S of A. We agreed to spend 20 dollars plus the postage. WELL! Either things across the pond are WAY WAY cheaper than this side of the Atlantic or All kitties flock to me spent LOADS more than 20 dollars! I'm so excited about so many of these wonderful goodies she sent me - especially the coveted Liquid Smoke and Old Bay seasoning. BUT I think I have to say my most favourite item is the hand made soap made by her mum! It smells DIVINE!!! All kitties - you are the greatest and this was SOOO much fun, thank you so much for all these wonderful treats you sent me. And now I'm off to stuff myself silly and wait for the Sugar rush to kick in. YEAH!

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's an awesome package! Tons of goodies!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

wowza indeed!! I think I need to do a swap!

Anonymous said...

You are a very lucky Hippy! :o)
Me wants some Rice Mellow Creme, Newman O's and Butterscotch Chips. I wonder if anyone loves me enough to play swapsies? I highly doubt it.......

Lisa -- Cravin' Veggies said...

Holy moly, Jeni! That is awesome!

Marni said...

Lucky you! Sounds like your swappie went a little over $20. Ok, a lot over. But don't you deserve it?

I'm off to google Rice Mellow Creme because I've never heard of it before. If it's what I think it is, well I just may cry. :::sniff::: Cry and buy. :D

Anonymous said...

What a great care package! I'm inspired to put something together for vegan friends around the world. Had no idea what US$20 could buy :-)

yasmin said...

i just tagged you too, but now i saw your post! great package.

EccentricEmma said...

liquid smoke!! wowzer. i think i might join the boards too and get in for next time!

Jenn said...

Sweet! What an awesome idea.

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

You're so lucky!

half pint pixie said...

wow, that's an amazing package, and liquid smoke.... I can only imagine how great that stuff is! Butterscotch chips... ooohhhh

For the Love of Guava said...

ahhh...now i'm jealous... I have to get in on one of these swaps... although I guess I could buy the stuff in your pic -_- The grass is always greener... isn't it?

I have to figure out where all ya'll are from so I can organize one...

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is like a mother-load! I don't think 20E would even buy half of that goodness here! I am so jealous! Wow, that's great mail!

Tami said...

What a crazy cool swap package!

Georgia said...

oh wow that is amazing. Lucky you. I only just found liquid smoke in a little imported goods store (mostly american stuff like grits and biscuit mix and marshmallow spread!!! I don't know what to do with it first...

Enjoy the package!

Felicity said...

Wow, what an awesome goody package... I'm sooo jealous!

Unknown said...

I am not sure what kind of soap that is, but it might be tea tree. My mother-in-law doesn't label the bars she gives us, but that is what it reminded me of when I tried mine today.

Well, I *think* I put 20 US dollars worth of stuff in there, but that tricksey vegan swap faery must've snuck a buttload more in there when I wasn't looking ;)

That box was so much fun to shop for/put together. I tetris'd the hell out of it, and looking at that picture, I still can't believe that much stuff fit in there.

Those Smooch Lions are delicious. I picked them up while I was in Florida. I wish I brought more home with me now!

Enjoy <3

jessy said...

butterscotch chips, Chick-O-Sticks, liquid smoke?!? omg - that's one package of awesomeness indeed, Jeni! enjoy it all! how sweet of all kitties flock to me! yay!

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

WOW!! Look at all your goodies! The ricemilk chocolate is so delicious! It's by far my favorite chocolate ever!! I would have a hard time not eating all that in one day!

Little Pea said...

the wostershire souce you get here has said "suitable for vegans" on if since i was a kid. They were thoughtful :D Its Spring Gully brand if your interested. I love wostershire suace!!!

todays word: cardreng (its funy how theyre always words now...)

STEPHANIE said...

Um, yeah so how can I get in on this swap thing???????????

Jodi Anderson said...

Holy cow. I thought that I was hungry before I got here, but now my stomach is ready to eat itself! ;)

tofufreak said...

woohoo that's awesome!!! you're very lucky! :D

kimmykokonut said...

looks like some great booty! that's a lot of food--swapping sounds like a lot of fun.

alaina said...

butterscotch chips.. mmmm i want!

A.M. said...

Oooo, so many things I would love to try (ricemellow cream, newman O's, butterscotch chips... can I say I'm a tad jealous?

Bethany said...

that is a huge load of goodies! you're really lucky.

emma said...

i want a package like that someday! i'm a beginning blogger and i want to try all of those goodies

Amanda said...

ohhhh..good stuff! I am baking with those white chocolate chips as I type (okay, they're in the oven technically!). I love the mellow creme to make crispy squares!