12/10/2009

Vegan MoFo Day#12 More leftover high jinxery

Is high jinxery even a word? Well it should be because it describes tonights dinner perfectly. For many many many years, the best part of a roast dinner for me has always been the meal that you make the next day with all the leftover veggies - namely Bubble and Squeak.
Now I know I've blogged about this before so it's nothing new but the best thing about this dish is that not only is it packed with lots of awesome veggies but it is quick and simple too.
HURRAH!
I served this with a Garden Salad, steamed Corn on the Cob and a simple Bean Salad.
The Bean Salad was a mix of Flageolet, Cannelini and Kidney Beans with olive oil, salt and pepper, fresh parsley and mint and sliced olives. It was a satisfying and delicious meal.
GO VEGAN!
GO MoFo!

16 comments:

DJ said...

Ahhh, a girl after my own heart! I LOVE bubble and squeak - so easy, delicious and comforting!

Vegan Epicurean said...

I love bubble and squeak, you aren't alone.

jessy said...

now that's one uber tasty way to enjoy some leftovers, Jeni! mmmmmmmmmmmmm! your patties look scrumptious, the bean salad looks so colorful & delicious - and hooray for some good 'ol corn on the cob yumminesses! a great meal, indeed!

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

Yum! Those patties look so good. How did you make them?

wingraclaire said...

Sounds like you've been having a wonderful (and delicious) time with your mom! (Oops, sorry - Mum!) Enjoy it, and I'm enjoying your leftovers :)

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

Bring on the high jinxery! I love Bubble and Squeak, it's so easy to throw together and it uses up all the mystery veggies that are in the fridge. Plus you can't beat that name! :-)

Michelle said...

Yum yum yum, so much veggie goodness. Bean salads are so awesome!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I love bean salad! So good. Yours looks super tasty.

Monica said...

Great looking meal. I love bubble and squeak. And roast dinners. And bean salad. Win!

The Voracious Vegan said...

This is great, I love how tasty this looks!

miss v said...

i don't know if high jinxery is a word, but whenever i see it, i think of you and your blog. ;)

Kristin said...

Yeah. I also need to know about those patties. What are those and how did you make them? :)

For the Love of Guava said...

Mm... I'm all about the high jinxery! Hahaha... I've been patty-ing leftovers together forever... but now I'll get to feel all world traveled and european when I do it... thanks for supporting my narcissism treehugger! :)

Anonymous said...

MMmmm, yes please give the recipe for those patties! I've got a huge head of cabbage waiting for transformation in my fridge, and those look SO good.

Carrie said...

I've never tried bubble and squeak but it has the cutest name ever.

Susan said...

Sometimes the simpilest things are the best!