09/12/2008

Mysteries

There are many mysteries in and of the world: Atlantis Stonehenge The Bermuda Triangle Why my camera spent Saturday night down the toilet Yep - you read that correctly. We went to an alternative Music Festival on Saturday night and got home about 5 in the morning a little bit inebriated to say the least. When I got up a few hours later to go for a pee - there down the toilet bowl was my camera!!!! You should have seen the look on my face - would have made for a good photo........ I have absolutely no idea how or why my camera was down the toilet - I didn't even take it out with me and it was nowhere near the bathroom when I went to bed. It is a total mystery. The only thing I can think of is divine intervention. I am always moaning about my camera - it's so old it should have been in a museum somewhere so maybe I needed some cosmic intervening like this to kick my butt into getting a new one. BUT - even though I always moaned about the crappyness of my camera it was still my camera and I did love it in my own special way. AND there were a load of photos on there that I hadn't uploaded to my PC! BooHooHoo. And the worse thing is I'm going to be cameraless until I go back to the UK in two weeks time. BooHooHooHoo! So...was it divine intervention? Or was it my subconscious addled with alcohol that makes me sleep walk and do totally uncharacteristic things such as trying to flush my camera down the pan? Do I have a poltergeist and this was how they wanted to introduce themself to me? Who knows.....like UFO's and Crop Circles....it will remain a complete mystery for all eternity......
R.I.P

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTH dude?! Poor, hilarious, drunken Hippy!
I enjoyed reading about your mystery far more than I enjoyed going to Stonehenge!Mwahahahaha!
Are you going to hold out on me and not reveal the big thing you have been working on for weeks because of this?? Intrigue causes Rabbit pain!
I would actually cry if I found Eric down the toilet! RIP Hippy's camera >:o(

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

aww RIP Jeni's camera! :(

Maybe Santa will bring you a new one!

Anonymous said...

OMG, what a story. Sorry about your mysterious camera loss. It was a little bit funny though.

Anonymous said...

Woah, That's not good! At east you can get a new one now!

Lisa -- Cravin' Veggies said...

Oh No!! Poor, poor camera. I am sure he had a nice long life, though. RIP Mr. Camera. Parting is such sweet sorrow.

Fingers crossed that Mr. Treehugger buys you a new one for christmas.

Eric seems quite nice. Maybe he has a friend? *wink, wink*

miss v said...

i'm so sorry for your loss. ;(

jessy said...

oh no, Jeni! sorry to hear about your camera! i do crazy things when i'm all drinkyfaced, too - last time i ended putting the cereal in the fridge and the rice milk into the cabinet. i've also been known to move furniture, hide things from myself, etc! sorry you lost all photos on it, too! but think of all the neato cameras you can choose from for your new one?!? :)

For the Love of Guava said...

aww... poor camera RIP!!

I did lose my phone down the pot once... private not public and empty not filled... still it was rough...

Jenn said...

As one who recently dropped a camera in a pot of sauce, don't toss it just yet.

When it dries out you may be able to recover the photos you took and it just might "work."

I'll put the photos my husband took from my "ruined" camera where you can find them on facebook. The lighting is freaky.

Hollie Butler said...

Oh noes! That is so funny, maybe it fell out of your pocket while you were going to the bathroom and you didn't even notice?

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your camera and all, but I just can't freaking stop laughing! Oh the things that happen when we've had too many drinky-poos!

Bethany said...

wow, that sucks. At least you can make fun of it :)

Don't make me wait for pics! get one of those cheapie card readers.

My phone fell in the toilet before. I still have the same SIM card. mmmmmm... pissy SIM.

Bethany said...

forgot to tell you that stargate SG-1 solved the mystery of atlantis.

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Felicity said...

It was the Little People. They love to mess with your mind. Though the worst they've ever done to me is hide my stuff... geez, what'd you do to p*** them off, Jeni?
Bethany... you mean I'm not the only one in this part of the galaxy who watches Stargate?

Cody said...

Definitely gnomes...

Toilet gnomes.

Jen Treehugger said...

Don't worry all you lot snickering at my plight (I can hear you you know!!).
I do realise the comical value in the camera shenanigans.

Felicity - another name for the little people is the wee folk! Brings a whole new meaning to what you posted now don't it!!
;)

Lisa - he did have the longest life EVER - about 8 years which was very very old in camera terms.
I think 1 camera year is equivalent to 20 human years so yeah - he had a full and happy life and he probably threw himself down the toilet in despair at still being used so much and not left to retire happily on a dusty shelf somewhere.

Jessy - I love you. It's so nice to know that weird drunken things happen to other people as well.

Jenn - I have the camera and card drying out under the desk lamp. I'll give it a go in a few more days. Fingers crossed!

Felicity - I am laughing so hard at what you wrote!!
(I never got into Stargate - loved the films but the series just didn't do it for me. Don't hate me)

Cody - Definitely toilet gnomes - without a doubt!

x said...

Oh no! HYou might never figure it out but perhaps you should put one of the childproof locks on your toilet seat & lid so that the new camera cannot dive in!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

LOL! They are definitely dead when their eyes become x's! I'm sorry for your loss.

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

Wow, that's really weird! It must have been little Peter. Little Peter is the ghost that hides my things around here, and it sounds like something he would do. It's not that I'm a disorganized mess, it's always little Peter that's up to no good!

Hey, maybe if you're really nice Santa will bring you a new camera for Christmas... or maybe he'll bring you one if you're really naughty! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my. That's terrible. I once found my dad's $$$ camera floating in the toilet courtesy of my youngest daughter... so no mystery in my case. Yours however is very, very strange.

RIP niffty camera!