13/10/2011

Vegan MoFo Day 13 - Mushroom and Butternut Squash Omelette

Here's what a Vegan MoFo'er has for her lunch.
Vegan omelette with roasted butternut squash and mushrooms.

The sweetness of the butternut squash goes together perfectly with the saltiness of the omelette.

Omelette was made by whizzing together 400g silken tofu, half a cup cashews, teaspoon onion powder, teaspoon garlic powder, teaspoon Coleman's Mustard, teaspoon salt, half a teaspoon white pepper.
Pour batter into a hot oiled frying pan and smooth down the top, cook for 5-8 minutes then place under a hot grill for 10-15 minutes. Whilst omelette is grilling, slice and saute the mushrooms, add a pinch of salt, few twists of black pepper and the roasted butternut squash. Keep warm until omelette is ready.
SCARF!!!

GO VEGAN!
Go MoFo!

20 comments:

Richa said...

that looks scrumptious! i think we should have a veganmofo exchange month after the regular month.. where we send out goodies to each other or visit each other and eat all this fun food!

i vote for crashing at someones house for a month and not cooking :D:D

Richa @ Hobby And More Food Blog

Jenny said...

Maybe my favorite thing I've seen all day...

Michelle said...

Whoaa, that looks and sounds crazy-awesome!

Catalina said...

That looks so good! I have terrible luck with vegan omelets. Never has a dish failed me so many times. So I'll just pretend to eat yours.

jessy said...

that's one helluva awesome omelette, Jeni! it's perfectly orange for MoFo and would be perfect in my belly, too! mmmmmmmmmm!

Tea and Sympatico said...

I've still not tried making a vegan omelette. I've seen some lovely ones during this MoFo though. It looks lovely and I am inspired to have a go soon.

Laura said...

oh, yum! squash in an omelette is a great idea.

Rose said...

Way to rock a vegan omelette. Looks like omelette perfection!

Bianca said...

What a badass filling for a tofu omelet!! I'm gonna try that!!

x said...

Oh my goodness, that omelette looks fantastic, you can make me lunch any time!

vegan.in.brighton said...

I love a good vegan omelet! I usually make the one from Fat Free Vegan Kitchen.

Susan said...

Oh yum, that looks great! I haven't made many omelettes... maybe one from Vegan Vittles. Not even Isa's ones! I must change this, the look so fun to stuff with yummy things.

Lauren said...

That looks fantastic and what a great use for butternut squash!!!

Anonymous said...

This is the most amazing sounding combination for an omelette! I happen to have all these ingredients in my fridge so I might have to make it this weekend!

urban vegan said...

That looks awesomely comforting! I don't make omelettes enough....guess I'll enjoy yours vicariously.

Cara said...

Excuse me??? Did you just make a freaking omelette from tofu? I'm sorry, I'm currently SPEECHLESS right now. I must try this!!! You are a genius.

coldandsleepy said...

Look at that thing! Now that looks like a satisfying lunch you can sink your teeth into. Nice work!

Jen Treehugger said...

I had another one for lunch today too!!
:-)

VeggieAmanda said...

Now that is an omelette! Yum!!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

All right. I needs an omelet right about now.