12/10/2011

Vegan MoFo Day 12 - Carrot Cake



This is another recipe inspired by Vegan Vitality (still on sale at Amazon from 1 pence!!!).
Carrot Cake
Ingredients
225g wholemeal self raising flour (or add 2 teaspoons of baking powder to plain flour)
2 teaspoons All Spice
225g grated carrots
50g raisins
75g margarine
2 Tablespoons sunflower oil
75g muscavado sugar
4 Tablespoons Golden Syrup (maple syrup would work just as good)
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 Tablespoon soya milk.


Method
Heat the oven to 180 ceslsius (340 fahrenheit).
Grease a loaf pan.
In a big bowl sift together the flour, all spice, grated carrot and raisins and mix together really well.
In a small saucepan gently heat the margarine, sunflower oil, sugar and golden syrup. Bring to a boil and immediately take off the heat. Add the mashed bananas then mix everything into the flour bowl. Add the soya milk and give everything a really good mix.
Pour into the greased loaf pan and bake in the middle of the oven for 65-70 mins.
Cool in the tin for a few minutes then turn out onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
Leave as is and serve with lashing of vegan butter or decorate with orange butter cream made from margarine, icing sugar, fresh orange juice and grated rind of an orange.


GO VEGAN!
Go MoFo!

16 comments:

Luciana said...

This looks delicious, and the little carrot oranges are adorable!

Tea and Sympatico said...

I love your decorating idea!

vegan.in.brighton said...

Wow, that looks awesome! I love carrot cake.

Jenny said...

Oh I love your cute little decorations at the top of the cake! Beautiful recipe :)

Bianca said...

I could go for some carrot cake right now!

Veganosaurus said...

Oh wow!! The carrot cake looks amazing, Jeni!!

Mel said...

This looks fantastic, love the finishing touches! Have been meaning to make a carrot cake for a while and this one sounds great. Bookmarked! :D

x said...

Yum! This looks so good and I love your decoration too :)

xvavaveganx said...

Yum! I love a carrot cake loaf kind of thing, it looks so good and I'm so spazzy at making layer cakes! I've been craving carrot cake recently too. Definitely on a to-bake list!

Richa said...

stop with this deliciousness already!! :)

Richa @ Hobby And More Food Blog

Anonymous said...

Tis me, your MoForange bloggy buddy! Your carrot cake looks super wonderful!! (It would be even better if someone would make it for me!) I've been avoiding desserts - it is a slippery slope for me, and everyone else seems to be covering the topic so well!! Anywho, great job!

Farrah P said...

This is so pretty! Looks so yum!

Cara said...

Oh. my. Cuteness. If this isn't just the most adorable cake ever that I want to devour it completely. I'm a sucker for a good cake!

Jesse @ Hapy Go Lucky Vegan said...

I"m a sucker for carrot cake. And yours looks delicious!

Rachel @ eachdayray said...

mmmm i want this!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

That is one beautiful carrot cake. My tummy is rumbling!