15/06/2011

Vegan Coconut and Peanut Butter ice cream

I am the happy excited owner of an ice cream maker - so I will be experimenting with a LOT of ice cream all summer YAY!
My very first attempt came out AMAZING so I wanted to share it with you.

Coconut and Peanut Butter ice cream
serves 3/4

Ingredients
2 tins full fat coconut milk
half a cup muscavado sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons smooth peanut butter, warmed a little so as it mixes easily

Mix all ingredients together, chill for 4 or 5 hours then follow ice cream maker instructions.

Easy or what!






















Winner of the Tofutti voucher is Ashley. Well done Ashley. email me your postal details and I'll pop the voucher in the post.

13 comments:

aimee said...

Yum yum yum! Congrats on your new ice cream maker!!! Happy Summer! xo

Tea and Sympatico said...

Sounds great and amazingly easy!

Vic Robinson said...

This looks great! It came out really firm. My ice cream always comes out really soft. I skip the chill step....maybe that helps! :)

Jessica said...

Peanut butter ice cream sounds great! And what a cute, summery bowl. As soon as I get a bigger kitchen, ice cream maker is at the top of my list of gadgets I want. Hope you have lots of fun with yours!

Andrea said...

Ever since I got my Vitamix I've been neglecting my ice cream maker, but your ice cream sounds so good I think I should dust off the ice cream maker and give it a try.

Gauri Radha गौरी राधा said...

This looks delicious!!

Susie - secondhandsusie.blogspot.com said...

That sounds amazing!! I NEED an ice cream maker!!

Anonymous said...

THX for sharing

wingraclaire said...

Wow, that looks delicious! It's summer and I've started making ice cream, so that's one I will definitely try. Thanks!!!

Bethany said...

thanks, Jeni! I'll have fun at the conf & btw, you are less of a blogger slacker than I am. I doesn't take much :)

Anonymous said...

Thought I would comment and say neat theme, did you make it for yourself? It's really awesome!

Jen Treehugger said...

Yes I did, glad you like it.
:)

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Peanut butter and coconut always reminds me of chick o stiks, so I'll have to try this.