03/01/2011

Book List 2010

Happy New Year to all my readers - I wish you all a fantastic 2011. 
My first post of the year will be my book list and includes all the books I read in the last year. This is quickly becoming a tradition for me.
The books marked with an asterisk are the ones I recommend the most.

45 - Bill Drummond
Shadow of a Dark Queen - Raymond Feist
Rise of a Merchant Prince - Raymond Feist
Rage of a Demon King - Raymond Feist
Shards of a Broken Crown - Raymond Feist
44 Scotland Street - Alexander McCall Smith
*White Oleander - Janet Fitch
*Gentlemen and Players - Joanne Harris
Coastliners - Joanne Harris
The Business - Ian Banks
The Subtle Knife - Philip Pullman
The Amber Spyglass - Philip Pullman
Behind the Scenes at the Museum - Kate Atkinson
The Bridge - Ian Banks
Who Killed Marilyn Monroe - Liz Evans
*The Book Thief - Markus Zusak <<<< In my top ten favourite books of all time!
The English Patient - Michael Ondaatje
Dear Fatty - Dawn French
The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fford
Sophia's Story - Susan McKay
Holy Cow - Sarah Macdonald
Lies of Silence - Brian Moore
Rainbows End - Cecilia Ahern
Every Light in the House Burnin' - Andrea Levy
*Birdsong - Sebastian Faulks
As I walked out one Midsummer Morning - Laurie Lee
The Woman in White - Wilkie Collins
The Absolution Game - Paul Sayer
Man and Boy - Tony Parsons
Thanks for the Memories - Cecilia Ahern
The Autograph Men - Zadie Smith
The Crow Road - Iain Banks
*The Forgotten Garden - Kate Morton
Lullabies for Little Criminals - Heather O'Niell
Always the Sun - Neil Cross
Lies of Silence - Brian Moore
*A Square of Sky - Janina David
Running for the Hills - Horatio Clare
The Dandelion Seed - Lena Kennedy
The Wise Woman - Philippa Gregory
The Stone House - Marita Conlon-McKenna
The Mesmerist - Barbara Ewing
The Last Kingdom - Bernard Cornwell

15 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy New Year Jeni!! Here's to a super-awesome new one!

Also, I love your book list and am marking this for future reference!

aimee said...

Thanks for listing your book list, Jeni. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!! This year is going to rock, I can just feeeel it!
I used to be such a list-keeper, and I somehow got out of the habit last year...I always love marking what I've read - there are lots on your list I've not read yet - so much to read!

GiGi said...

Ooooh I love this. I started doing annual book lists on FB last year and haven't posted 2010's list. Happy New Year and happy reading!

River said...

Whoa! That's an impressive list! I can't get motivated to read anything, or do much of anything lately. *jealous*

Happy new year to you too! <3

MeloMeals said...

I love when people do this.. I'm always looking for new books to read

Mark Hawthorne said...

Great list! I wish I had more time to read for pleasure these days! Happy 2011.

Tea and Sympatico said...

I got The Book Thief the Christmas before last and still haven't read it. I shall make it the next thing I read!

Jenn said...

I LOVED The Book Thief. I am the Messanger is pretty good too, though surprisingly different.

I'm lining up all your starred selections.

wingraclaire said...

Wow, I am so impressed! I've never read most of those books, and should check some of them out! That is, after I finish rereading *ahem* my 740-page Shelters of Stone by Jean Auel, in preparation for the new one coming out soon. I'm just a sucker for Clan of the Cave Bear, I guess. It's my Harry Potter. I do see you got into the Dark Materials books this year though! I split my reading between adult and kid books. Thanks for sharing your list and happy new year!

Vegfox said...

I love book lists. Your list inspired me last year, too. I hope to start a similar tradition. Do you use any book sites? I've become fond of goodreads recently.

The Book Thief is on my "to read" list. What did you think of Pullman's books? I haven't read any of these yet. I really enjoyed White Oleander. It was recommended to me by a teen in a rehab. I worked at.

Many of these others I haven't read and will definitely keep in mind!

Jen Treehugger said...

Hi Cassie - I don't use any book sites but you've piqued my curiosity to have a look at goodreads.
:)
I LOVE Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials series of books, well worth a read in my opinion.
Looking forward to seeing your book list.
:)

VEGAN TICKLES said...

Holy cow you read a lot!!!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I wish I could read that much! My concentration is absolutely horrible.

Anonymous said...

Oi fascinante esta página está bem posicionado.........bom estilo:)
Muito Bonito faz mais posts assim !!