24/12/2010

Christmas Cake Revisited + holiday baking

So the cake has been fed copious amounts of brandy since being made. It got fed every 4 days by pouring 1 to 2 Tablespoons of brandy all over the base. It was stored wrapped in tin foil and kept in an airtight container.
This is what it looked like on Monday.


I then heated up some apricot jam and brushed the entire top and sides of the cake with the jam, rolled out some store bought marzipan and covered the top and sides and left it to sit for 24 hours.

With it's Marzipan layer

I then brushed the marzipan with cold water and covered it in rolled out store bought icing and let loose on the decorating which is by far the BEST BIT! 





















All dolled up and ready to go!

Mincepies!


 Mushroom paté

So that concludes my holiday baking. I've made a seitan encroute for my Christmas dinner but I'll post a photo of that when it's all baked and in it's finery.
I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.

8 comments:

J said...

This all looks so delicious; yum! :) Merry Christmas to you, too!

Unknown said...

Mmm, it all looks so good! But looking at that mushroom pate makes me especially hungry!

Rose said...

It's all gorgeous! Merry Christmas!

Vic Robinson said...

Mushroom pate'! Awesome! I also love the cake...as always. :)

MeloMeals said...

That is one fabulous holiday spread!

Gauri Radha गौरी राधा said...

That cake looks terrific!!

jodye @ 'scend food said...

Your christmas cake is so cute, I love the decorations!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Those mincepies are so frickin cute!