22/11/2010

Vegan MoFo IV Day 22: Tofu pancakes

During MoFo my morning ritual is make a cuppa tea, fire up the computer and catch up on all the MoFo'ing that has gone on overnight which, incidentally, involves most MoFo'ers from The States and Canada seeing as how y'all are 5,6,7,8 ish hours behind me. The problem with this though is that my belly starts grumbling earlier than it would normally and my previously satisfactory bowl of porridge just doesn't seem quite as appealing as it normally would.
I've had my eye on this recipe from the awesome Eat Pure blog but I didn't have any courgettes (I'm getting some later today from the market so I will be making this recipe asap). But then this morning I happened upon this recipe for Savoury Tofu Pancakes from the awesome Alien's Day Out blog and seeing as I had all the ingredients I knew what my breakfast would be today.
I added about a teaspoon of salt and lots of grated black pepper and a teaspoon of Colman's Mustard.
I  also used silken tofu instead of firm and I used half the amount which made 6 very delicious pancakes.

My tummy was happy!

12 comments:

Seglare said...

Your picture of the tofu pancakes is making me hungry! I'm one to eat sweet or neutral things for breakfast, but these would make such a wonderful lunch or supper. :)

J said...

I agree with Seglare; these look amazingly yummy, but I'd probably enjoy them for lunch or dinner. Definitely a recipe to try sometime soon! :)

MeloMeals said...

Those look sooo good!

Kristina @ spabettie said...

I do the same thing on Mo Fo Mornings :D these look like a PERFECT breakfast to me... and I actually have all of those ingredients (except carrots... I JUST juiced my last carrot!!) I think this may be lunch ... :D

jessy said...

these savory tofu panny cakes look awesome, Jeni! filling and delicious - they're so awesome! i need to try something like this for breakfast soon. :) and i love the color of them - the yellow and red and all that golden brown. mmmmmmm!

Vegan Epicurean said...

I have to agree your pancakes are making me hungry too. I prefer a savory breakfast.

Ali

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

those look spankin gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the early morning hungries...we're about 6 to 9 hours ahead of North America, & I start reading the blogs with my morning coffee. These sound and look great, might have to make them!

miss v said...

if i a eat a big meal the night before, i'm absolutely famished when i wake up. but if i eat light, i'm pretty much okay.

i love all the vegan mofo craziness, but i'm having a hard time catching up.

Andrea said...

I would love to eat these for breakfast — or any meal.

Sarah P said...

Ooo, and I was just trying to think up a different way to make tofu for dinner tonight. Thanks!

jodye @ 'scend food said...

These tofu pancakes sound delicious, and look like they have a lovely texture. I just might try them tonight!