16/11/2010

Vegan MoFo IV Day 16: Having your cake and eating it this time

Most readers will think this cake is a little tame for me, and in looks I suppose it is. But this little beauty packs it's punch on taste, so much so that there's no need for fancy decorating at all.
The cake is Isa's Just Chocolate Cake recipe doubled up, with buttercream in the middle and then the topping is Chocolate Orange buttercream ganache.
YUMMMMMMM!
The only decorating required was the obligatory 40 candle seeing as my buddy Wayne turns 40 today!

13 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

That looks delicious, I'll take two slices!

BunzOfCinnamon said...

Still looks great to me!!

Vegan Animal said...

Jeni - that cake looks scrumptious !! Wayne is a very lucky guy

Jackie Smith said...

Wow, you're a great friend!

Andrea said...

This IS different from your usual fancy pants rolled fondant cake decoration, but it makes me feel right at home. It looks a lot like the cakes I make, and I like it. Bet it tasted 100% delicious.

x said...

Hooray for birthday cakes! I bet that chocolate orange icing was deee-licious, such a good flavour combination!

Susan said...

Lucky Wayne! What a great birthday cake. Chocolate orange is pretty awesome in my book. ;)

Unknown said...

Hey, happy Birthday! It's mine too. :)

Felicity said...

That looks scrumptious! Happy 40th to your buddy Wayne!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes! Your friend is so lucky; this cake sounds awesome. Orange buttercream??? Gimme! :-)

Not A Rabbit said...

Fancy Schmancy! Form should follow function, and the function of cake is to be delicious!
The combo of chocolate cake, buttercream and orange chocolate ganache sounds perfect!

I'd love to get such a fabulous cake for my birthday! (no one ever makes me cake, I always have to make my own!! *sad*).

Your friend Wayne is a lucky chappie indeedy :D

Amey said...

so nice of you to make a cake for your pal! I always end up making my own cake... which is okay, but a homemade cake from a friend seems like the best thing ever!!

Gauri Radha गौरी राधा said...

This looks amazing.