13/05/2010

Low fat garlic mushrooms

Just a quick post to let you know that I'm still alive and fighting the good cause. Mr treehugger and I have been busy doing some much needed DIY hence my blog absence - but you don't want to hear all about that do you? "GET TO THE RECIPE" I hear you cry. Well this might be a quick post but it's an awesome one none-the-less so for what I lack in quantity I hope I make up for in quality. You'll have to let me know about that one!
Vegan Low Fat Garlic Mushrooms serves 4 as a starter or snack Ingredients 1 teaspoon olive oil 16 medium/largish mushrooms sliced 2 cloves garlic, diced 4 Tablespoons water 4 Tablespoons white wine (use the good stuff please) Pinch of salt Handful of parsley, chopped Black pepper Method Heat the olive oil in a pan and when heated add all the mushrooms and stir. Add the garlic, stir again then add the water. Cook on medium for 5 minutes then add the white wine and reduce - will take about 10-15 minutes. Add the salt and parsley and cook for a few more minutes. When ready to serve, grind some black pepper over the top and stir. DELICIOUS!
GO VEGAN!

17 comments:

Michelle said...

YUM! This would be gone in an instant in this household!

wingraclaire said...

That sounds good, and I have a whole pound of mushrooms waiting to use up. Thanks! Good luck with the DIY and try to stay married :)

Mihl said...

Garlic and mushrooms belong together, period!

Anonymous said...

oh! I'm thinking about having a vegan sangria and tapas party next month and this would be a lovely addition to the menu!!

The Voracious Vegan said...

I love garlic, I love mushrooms...this seems like a perfect recipe! I actually just cooked up a ton of mushrooms for dinner tonight and was drooling over how good they are. They are so juicy and yummy, aren't they? I love this recipe and I can't wait to give it a try.

Penny said...

Ooooo.... These look good. I have mushrooms just waiting to be low-fatly-garlicised! Breakfast tomorrow, perhaps?

Steffi said...

good to see you back, too :) there can never be too many garlicky mushrooms in life, can't there?

Andrea said...

This is my kind of dish. It looks and sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

Hurrah you're back. And hurrah garlic mushrooms, yum.

You're so lucky going to Benicassim, it's a festival I've always fancied going to.

Definitely give Ash a go if you can, I have loved them since I was a teenager but even if you're not a big fan, they are so much better live than they are on record!

miss v said...

sigh... i love sauteed mushrooms. so freakin' tasty, and i love the generous garlic addition. yum-o.

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Mushrooms are the absolute best!

For the Love of Guava said...

YUM! BUT I want to hear DIY projects!! :) House projects??? :)

jessy said...

so awesome to hear from you again, Jeni! keep on fighting the good cause and kicking ass!

your garlicky mushrooms look wonderful - i'm totally going to make some for dan & i. there are mushrooms being offered at our farmer's market & now i can't wait to get some more. yay!

two vegan boys said...

Yay for mushrooms. Such goodness. And I am glad you are back blogging.

Anonymous said...

That sounds good! I'm pretty anti-mushroom, but I'm trying to like them so I've been on the lookout for good recipes. I'll give it a try once I muster up the courage to buy some! :)

Anonymous said...

Love garlic & mushrooms together makes me so happy! Hope the DIY is going well!

Bethany said...

looks fantastic, the sort of dish that diminishes as it's cooked due to "sampling".