17/10/2009

Vegan MoFo Day#16: I've lost a day somewhere

Don't know how that's happened - I can't even blame it on jet lag!! Can we all pretend that this was posted yesterday?
Thanks for your co-operation.
Before my mum and I went to York I did a search on Happy Cow to see what vegan delights were on offer in this fab city.
I found this little health food shop called Kyi-po
I was disapointed that there were no vegan cheeses but their frozen goodies more than compensated. I have never seen so many flavours of vegan ice-cream before!
I didn't get any because the bus ride took 2 hours and well I just didn't fancy a tub of melted ice-cream, vegan or not.
But here's what I did limit myself to:
This was scarfed down in seconds and was super yummy. Like a vegan Bounty (are the plain chocolate Bounty's vegan? I've never pondered that thought before)
This was eaten straight out of the tin - what can I say, I'm a heathen and this is soooooo damn good
And this bad boy is coming all the way back to Spain with me
GO VEGAN!
GO MoFo!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Nice loot!

vegan.in.brighton said...

I love that polony! They stopped selling the vegan bounty bars at my local food co-op damnit, they were really good though.

Normal dark chocolate bounty bars aren't vegan, they have some kinda milk in them!

Amanda said...

Wait, I'm still stuck on the vegan bounty concept..yum!! And getting to spend a day with your mum! Hope you had a great time.

All about... (vegan) food said...

Organica chocolates are so good! The best one for me is the Hazelnut Nougat & Dark Chocolate! I blogged about it yesterday :)

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Sounds like a good time! And nothing's wrong with eating out of the can. :)

Susan said...

I love those vegan 'Bounties' - they are so yummy!

Felicity said...

The Organica bars are awesome. I love the vegan white chocolate and the Couverture bar (tastes like caramel). The hazelnut nougat is fab as well.

I've never tried the Marigold braised tofu, but will defo try it now that it's got the treehugger seal of approval.

Fry's polony is sooo good... I'm thinkin' I need to buy some of that soon.

Anonymous said...

i've had the chocolate and the other variety it comes in, but i've never ever seen that tinned tofu before. there's a shop down the road from me that sells palony but i still haven't bought any yet. apparently it's to die for!