25/10/2009

Vegan MoFo 2009 Day #25: Market goodies

It's not often this lazy MoFo'er can drag herself out of bed on a Sunday morning, but the clocks going back an hour meant that time really was on my side today and I took full advantage of it.
This bounty came to 11 euros!!
That's 10 quid or 16 us dollars or 17 Australian dollars. Pretty cool huh. I'm going to make a real effort to go every Sunday from now on. I also bought my favourite olives ever. That's an olive stuffed with a whole clove of garlic. Just so as you can appreciate the size of these here's another photo.
No, I don't have small hands they are BIG olives man
I made the most simple and delicious salad for my lunch
see
It was just lettuce, olives, chickpeas and tomatoes with a mahoosive dollop of Plamils Mayo. It was so so yuumy.
GO VEGAN!
GO MoFo!!

13 comments:

Lisa -- Cravin' Veggies said...

Whoa! They are ginormous!! I've never seen them here, but will definitely be on the lookout for them. Garlic stuffed olives... Mmmmmm.

Vegan Epicurean said...

I drag myself out of bed early each Sunday for the farm market produce too. Since I am not a morning girl either I understand how difficult that is.

Fabulous looking olives and salad.

Alicia

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

woah that's a bargain for all that loot!!

Anonymous said...

wow! what an impressive haul!

Andrea said...

That's quite a haul. It's amazing how much you were able to buy for the money. Have fun cooking this week!

Chelsea said...

Wow, that is a good deal! I never thought to put olives on salad for some reason, but it looks so tasty!

jessy said...

hooray for market yummies, Jeni! wow - you grabbed so much awesomeness. i had no idea they made olives stuffed with GARLIC!!!! i swear, sometimes i think i live in a deep cave underneath a rock or something. i've gotta get me some garlic stuffed olives - and your salad looks most fantastical! mmmmmmmm!

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

Mmm I want those olives in me tummy. What a deal for that huge haul of yummy food... I wish there was a Sunday market here!!!

kmouse said...

Wonderful haul! And those olives look so good!

DJ said...

ZOMG - that salad looks AMAZING! If it wasn't so bally cold and wet over here I could really fancy something like that myself! And I lovelovelove olives, the more garlic the better!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I love to see what people get at the supermarket! I was eyeballing some garlic stuffed olives the other day. I'm going to get them next time for sure now.

Amanda Rock said...

ohh! those are my favorite olives ever!! the ones stuffed with almonds are a runner up. :)

Amy said...

Wow, that is one impressive $17 haul!!! And I'm bummed because the photo of your hand and the olive isn't showing up on my computer for some dumb reason :(