15/09/2008

Eggplant Rollatini with Spinnach and Toasted Pine Nuts

Man oh man I can hardly move with my belly so stuffed. Made yet another awesome recipe from Vcon - Eggplant Rollatini with Spinnach and Toasted Pine Nuts. This is just soooo freaking awesome I don't know where to begin. You'll just have to make it for yourself - it's the only way. I made a bit of a boo boo whilst making this. Well in actual fact I made two boo boo's. The first one was that I fried the breaded Eggplant and then proceeded to bake them as well!! As I put them in the oven I thought there's no way I'm gonna spray them with more oil - there's plenty (and then some) in them already and there's NO WAY they'll bake for 20 mins what was Isa and Terry thinking!! I decided to bake them for 10 mins instead and whilst they were in the oven I then read the recipe properly. The fact I'd already read the recipe through a good few times (like ten times) obviously hadn't made any difference - the recipe states that you EITHER fry them OR bake them....NOT BOTH YOU FOOL!!! *ahem* The second boo boo wasn't quite as silly - I whizzed up the Pine Nuts in the blender because I thought you added them to the breading mixture and there was no way they were gonna stick to the Aubergine if they were left whole!! THEN I realised as I was assembling everything together for the final stage of the dish that you add the Pine Nuts when you add the Spinnach and roll them up. DOH! But we live and learn as they say and I've learnt to read a recipe and understand it completely BEFORE setting foot in the kitchen. I didn't use riccotta either I finished up the last of the Besto Pesto.
Absolutely delicious dish and one I know I'm gonna make over and over again!
Served with some Fresh Asparagus (possibly last of the seaseon *sniff*)

3 comments:

Lovlie said...

Wow! Those look really delicious! Eggplants are one of my favourite vegetables! I'll remember this one to try!

Jen Treehugger said...

Oooh you must try this. It is DELICIOUS!
I can see it's going to be a favourite in my house.
:)

Anonymous said...

This looks SO good and yummy!