09/10/2009

Vegan MoFo Day#9: Easy curry

I will be cooking for the whole 2 weeks of my stay with my mum.
My mum will be vegan for two weeks and her response to this, in her own words "I don't mind, it'll be fun to see what you make."
YAY! Open minded people RULE especially when they're your mum.

Now my mums spice cupboard isn't the best stocked spice cupboard in the world (OK I am spoilt I know) and rather than go out and buy individual packets of herbs and spices to make tonights dinner I thought I would just get an all in one curry powder.

This is the one I went for.
These are excellent if you're new to cooking curries and you're not too too sure on what spices to use and, more importantly, how much of them to use. These all in one powders will give your confidence a boost until you're ready to go it alone.
This one contains:
corriander seed, cumin, fenugreek, mustard seed, ginger, garlic powder, salt, bay leaves, turmeric, cayenne pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper.
It couldnt be easier.

And 'cos I know the blogosphere, and the universe in general, is not lacking in vegan curry recipes - I shall just get straight to the finished product.

16 comments:

k-tan said...

i freakin' love curry...i could eat it everyday!

Oraphan said...

How wonderful! Such a wonderful mum you have!

Your dinner looks so delicious!!!
I LOVE curry especially this easy version = an inspiration! :)

GeekyWhite Girl Joan said...

I love curry too! How wonderful that your Mum will be a two week vegan. Sounds like fun!

Rose said...

Your mum sounds v. cool!

Curry looks yumbley!

Zoey said...

Enjoy cooking for your mum, that sounds like fun!

Mihl said...

You are an awesome family cook! My mom also likes my vegan food. She's vegetarian but I think I could make her go vegan if I were home more often to cook for her.

Shanna said...

How awesome that your mum is letting you cook for TWO WEEKS!!! If you're like me, you'll enjoy the audience! Hope you're having a great trip!

Melanie said...

I used to make curries all the time for my family but have yet to make a meatless curry. I think I'll have to some time soon and see how my omni parents react.

DJ said...

Mmmm - veggie curry! Your mum sounds awesome - my mum would die rather than release her iron grip on dominance in the kitchen!

VeganCowGirl said...

Looks great! Curry is fantastic!

jessy said...

your mom is too awesome to enjoy all the vegan yummies you create, Jeni! she's the best! your curry looks great - and hooray for a delicious curry spice! mmmmmmm!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Yay to your mother being open minded!

Susan said...

Hurrah for happy mothers! I cook three of four nights a week at home now (it would be more if it weren't for work) and my whole family happily eats my vegan cooking! It makes it so much nicer than having someone putting on a tantrum and going off to cook a steak!

For the Love of Guava said...

teehee... our curry powder goes in everything!! lucky momma with such a handy little heathen vegan for a daughter!

Linda said...

That looks amazing! Your mom rules :)

Anonymous said...

My mom visited in March and she was vegan for the whole 10 days. It was a little hilarious, because she kept telling me to eat more vegetables. So we did :)