25/09/2008

Chocolate Pie

I really should stop with the Vegan baking experiments. "Why?" I hear you cry. Because someone has to eat them and I share my house with a diabetic so that duty is left solely to me. A tough job I know - but someone's gotta do it. Whilst I always reduce the sugar content in all the recipe's I make - they are still not diabetic friendly. Though friendlier than most admittedly. My partner will treat himself to a slice or two of cake for his mid morning snack but he does have to limit himself. Bless. Anyhooo....I made Chocolate Pie for pudding tonight (I don't usually make puddings - we are a one course household unless it's a special dinner party) and my beloved saved himself from eating a load of pasta which we had for our main course, so as he could have a slice of Chocolate Pie. He was glad he did. The verdict? "That's Chocolate Pie that is."

4 comments:

donesmoking said...

nice! did you make the up the recipe from scratch or is it a book?

Anonymous said...

Mind if I take a dive headfirst into your cake? That looks scrummy!

Jen Treehugger said...

evestirs it was very simple. One package silken tofu (349g)2 Tablespoons Arrowroot, 10 oz Chocolate, 1/4 Cup Soya Milk and 2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence.
Whiz it all up in a blender and pour into pie case.
The pie case was 12 Digestive biscuits smashed up with 3 Tablespoons of melted marg and 2 Tablespoons of Soya Milk added. They were then pushed into a pie dish to make the crust.
Pour in the chocolate mix and bake in the oven for 30 mins at 180 degrees. Keep an eye on it - I had to cover mine with foil after 10 mins but that's because my oven is pants.
Take out of oven and chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours.

The chocolate mix also makes a wonderful mousse. Just chill it as is for a couple of hours.

Seriously good!

donesmoking said...

thanks so much for the recipe!

i'm gonna give this a whirl :)